This is a dual-role position splitting time between beertending and marketing efforts.
The Beertender (Tap Room Server) role of the position will be focused on creating a beer-centric experience and providing friendly, knowledgeable, and responsive service that will create an exceptional experience for guests. This team member will be responsible for describing, selling, and pouring flagship and seasonal brews and serving as an “expert” on the company, our products, and the craft beer industry.
The Marketing Coordinator role of the position will promote the brewery and/or Tap room through on-site and off-site events, tours, social media marketing, print media marketing, and promotions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Immediately welcome and greet all guests with enthusiasm and friendliness.
- Provide excellent customer service to all guests, with the goal of engaging the guest in conversation, creating regulars, and maximizing the customer experience.
- Respond promptly and appropriately to all guest requests and concerns.
- Educate all guests about the flagship and seasonal brews available on the current draft menu, the history and culture of the brewery and the craft beer industry, and the differences between styles.
- Maintain full knowledge of recipes and other pertinent information about staple and seasonal brews available on current draft menu.
- Constantly work to increase knowledge of craft beer and beverages, including attending trainings and meetings put on by brewery management and/or related craft beer associations and brewers.
- Take customer orders in a timely and prompt fashion, following all applicable laws and company policies on verifying identification and the maximum amount of beer to be served to guests.
- Apply all guidelines for responsible alcohol service.
- Wash and sterilize glassware.
- Provide all necessary garnishes for the shift.
- Assist in restocking of beer inventory and supplies.
- Follow all required sanitation and safe serving guidelines and regulations.
- Ensure consistent stocking of kegs, merchandise, and/or packaged products for sale to guests.
- Maintain comfort and cleanliness throughout the bar and bartender work area, including restrooms, and public areas.
- Promptly report all equipment and maintenance issues to management.
- Learn to operate the point of sales (POS) system.
- Complete cash handling and credit card transactions, and balance register at the end of each shift. Record customer gratuities as trained and/or as required by law.
- Follow checklists and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain highest level of customer service and professionalism with guests, management, and co-workers. Demonstrate flexibility in scheduling and assist as needed with ensuring all shifts are appropriately staffed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Develop, plan, promote, and execute unique and entertaining on-site and off-site events.
- Identify festival and beer events and coordinate brewery attendance at events, including completing registration forms, managing staffing and supplies needed, and maintaining a clean working environment.
- Maintain a calendar of events.
- Work with Tap Room to schedule daily, weekly, and monthly events and coordinate promotions of these events.
- Work closely with businesses and organizations to book private parties, events, and fundraisers, including reserving space, identifying needs, negotiating contracts, managing staffing and supplies needed, and working on all details of events.
- Develop and implement VIP tours and events.
- Proactively identify opportunities for sponsorships and partnerships with businesses and organizations.
- Support print media campaigns and advertising.
- Support digital and social media campaigns, including maintaining social media accounts and publishing original content.
- Ensure that customer requirements are met at all events and that events run smoothly and without issue.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Prior work experience with bar/restaurant, brewery, winery, and/or bartender experience.
- Possess basic math skills and the ability to handle money.
- Possess or be able to obtain a food handler’s card and training on alcohol service.
- Possess working knowledge of beer and craft beer industry. Cicerone Program Certified Beer Server (Level 1) certificate required, Certified Cicerone (Level 2) preferred.
- Possess strong knowledge and enforcement of ABC laws.
- Possess awareness of local, state, and federal health and sanitation laws.
- Able to communicate effectively and be understood in English.
- Able to lift heavy objects (25 – 50 lbs.) on a continual basis. Able to transport up to 160 lbs. (full kegs) with assistance. Able to stand, walk, lift, and bend for up to 8 hours per shift. Able to work in crowded and confined spaces.
- Able to operate or able to quickly learn the POS system.
- Able to maintain excellent customer service and professional appearance suitable for guest interaction while working under pressure.
- Possess Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or in-process education in Marketing, Hospitality, Event Planning, or a related field. Students welcome.
- Possess 1 – 2 years of work experience in marketing, event planning, or related.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite products is a plus.
- Possess working knowledge of beer and craft beer industry.
- Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Possess excellent verbal and communications skills.
- Able to maintain excellent customer service and high level of ethics while working under pressure.